Mission Statement: To promote academic-community clinician relationships by building successful Practice-Based Research Networks in South Texas
Services We Provide:
PBRN Infrastructure Assistance
- Facilitate the development of PBRNs, regardless of discipline
- Connect PBRNs to the broader Community Engagement program within the Institute for the Integration of Medicine and Science
- Respond to questions from PBRN staff and members and search for answers
- Provide guidance, tools, and templates on how to form a Practice-Based Research Network (infrastructure, by-laws, job descriptions, meetings, board structure)
- Provide funding opportunity updates
- Link you to other PBRNs of similar disciplines across the nation
- Assist in the evaluation of the progress of your network
- Provide Humans Subjects Protection Training to Network members and office staff
- Coordinate training of office staff on research methods in the practice
- Enhance scholarship in research skills with clinicians
Human Subjects Protection Training
- In order for you to begin any type of research project in one of our Practice-Based Research Networks (PBRNs), you are required to complete a Human Subjects Protection Training course.
- If you practice in a VA facility you must complete the CITI training course which can be accessed here: https://www.citiprogram.org
- All Non-VA PBRN participants can watch this 30 minute video and then complete this 14 question quiz. For your convenience there is also a link to the PowerPoint presentation from the video if you wish to follow along and make notes. There is also a link to the Training booklet if you would rather read through the information and then take the quiz. You will need to score at least 80% or better on the quiz in order to participate in research with the PBRNs.
Once you complete your certification you will only have to re-take the quiz every two years in order to be compliant with the Institutional Review Board (IRB) at the University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio. If you have any questions, contact the PBRN Resource Center at 210-567-7871.
- Encourage academic investigators and community clinicians to participate in research
- Promote interdisciplinary research across networks
- Provide website support for your network content
- Advertise your network with community members and other academic investigators
- Provide input on your marketing plan and recruitment efforts
Do you want to learn more about PBRNs and how you can participate? Contact the PBRN Resource Center TODAY.
Marisa F. Rodriguez
Practice-Based Research Network Resource Center
University of Texas Health Science Center at San Antonio
4201 Medical Drive, Suite 310
San Antonio, TX 78229