The TS PhD program is an advanced scientific research doctoral program. Admission into the TS PhD program is based on a student’s total record of achievements. Application materials are evaluated by the Admissions Committee of the multi-institutional TS PhD Program Committee on Graduate Studies (TS COGS). Applicants to the TS PhD program must demonstrate:
- One or more of the following academic requirements:
- Completion of an advanced Professional Degree (e.g., MD, DO, DDS, MSN, PharmD) from a U.S. university or international equivalent
- A Master’s or Doctoral Degree in a health-related, science, or social science discipline from a U.S. university or international equivalent.
- Enrollment in a doctoral or master’s degree program with intent to graduate prior to the semester for which application is being made.
- Enrollment as a MD/PhD student with successful completion of the two-year pre-clinical curriculum
- Prior research or related experience
- MCAT, or other equivalent degree examination scores. GRE scores are not required, however, if submitted they will be considered in the application review and must be taken within 5 years of applying.
- Documentation of potential for success in the degree program and as a translational science professional
How to Apply
The Translational Science Ph.D. program utilizes a single application source through the UT Health San Antonio. Applicants are responsible for the timely submission of application materials to the program in order to meet the deadlines established by each institution’s Graduate School for registration and course enrollment. Applications will be available starting September 1. The deadline for submission of the application and all supporting documents will be November 1. Required documentation for all applicants includes:
- Online application
- College/university transcripts
*Transcripts from foreign colleges/universities must be officially translated into English, if needed, and must also be evaluated, including GPA and equivalent degree, by Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. (ECE) or World Education Services, Inc. (WES), which are members of the National Association of Credential Evaluation Services (NACES – http://www.naces.org/).
- Letters of recommendation (3)
- Personal Statement
- Curriculum Vitae
- Medical license/certificate for Licensed Health Care Professionals only
- English Proficiency Exam scores (TOEFL, Duolingo, or IELTS) for international applicants
Official test scores and transcripts should be sent to:
UT Health Science Center at San Antonio
7703 Floyd Curl Drive, MC 7702
San Antonio, TX 78229-3900
Institution Code: 6908
Requests for an exemption to general admission requirements that are not addressed in the online application should be addressed to the TS PhD Program Director at:
Translational Science PhD Program
c/o Giovanna D’Ambra
Pharmacotherapy Education and Research Center
7703 Floyd Curl Drive, MC 6220
San Antonio, TX 78229-3900