The STOHN PBRN represents an important opportunity for real world clinicians (dentists and hygienists) involved in dental care across Texas. The goals of the network are to conduct local oral health studies on topics of importance to you and your patients, provide outcomes that will improve patient care, and impact the way dentistry is practiced. Additional benefits include:
- Networking and collaborating with colleagues across South Texas
- Involvement with local studies designed for busy clinicians
- Compensation for your participation in studies
- Earning free CE credit
There is NO cost to join the network.
There are 3 levels of enrollment:
- Informational – receives newsletters and correspondence only
- Limited – receives newsletters, correspondence and participates in surveys
- Full – all of the above plus participation in in-office clinical studies
- Complete the Enrollment Survey
- Complete the Human Subjects Research Training
You are not obligated to participate in a study if you join; we simply would like you to be open to the possibility of participating if you see a study you feel would be important to you and your practice.
What do members do?
- Complete a brief enrollment survey about professional background, practices, and patients
- Meet with colleagues to generate research ideas
- Serve as a content expert on research studies
- Participate in research studies ranging from card studies to clinical research studies
- Have the right to decline to participate in studies
- May be compensated for some research activities
- Receive quarterly newsletters about network activities